Venue Registratiion 2017
This page is for businesses, organizations, or others who would like to open their space for artist to exhibit during the Studio Tour. If you are an individual artist please use this link.
Thank you for hosting one or more artists during the 2017 South Orange Maplewood (SOMA) Artists Studio Tour!
The studio tour is a popular annual event organized by volunteers from both towns and sponsored by local businesses like you. During the tour, hundreds of cultural tourists visit South Orange and Maplewood to see and buy art, chat with artists and enjoy local restaurants and businesses. The tour takes place on the first Sunday of June.
Venue Registration $100
Venue Registration Deadline is April 1, 2017.
For registration after April 1st, please call Sandy Martiny at (973) 378-7754 x2223.
Venues pay a fee of $100 and receive acknowledgement on the tour map and website. The venue fee is waived for Sponsors at $250 level or higher. Click here to view the Sponsorship Kit.
Artists exhibiting at venues are generally responsible for their own registration fees. Fees for artists are: $45 for SOMA artists who meet the April 1 deadline; and $65 after the deadline. For guest artists from outside SOMA, the fee is $75, $100.
Venues who meet the April 1 Deadline will be
• Featured on the published map and in early publicity
• Featured in email marketing campaign
• Eligible to participate in special PR efforts
• Invited to the pre tour kick off
• Invited to the after tour party
• Tour address linked to interactive map on website
Venues who register after the Deadline will have all of the above benefits, except they will not be featured on the printed map and in early publicity.
• Venue must register and submit a non-refundable $100 venue fee or be a sponsor at $250 level or higher
• The venue must be open during the Studio Tour hours (11am-5pm)
• Exhibiting artists must be registered and pay the appropriate fee
• Registered artist(s) must be present on day of studio tour
• Venues are encouraged to forgo commissions from registered artists on the day of the studio tour.
• Registered artists are responsible for financial transactions of their artwork on the day of the studio tour.
• Artists are encouraged to work with their hosting venue to install artworks.
• Artists and venues should be prepared to welcome many visitors by creating a safe environment and acting in a friendly, professional manner. Many artists offer refreshments. Artists should also have business cards and a biography or artist statement available.
Venue Registration $100.00